This week Miedzi Legnica published on their website an interview with academician JMG Mehdi Lehaire formed at Lierse JMG academy in Belgium.
JMG academician Mehdi Lehaire entered Miedzi Legnica first team thanks to his hard work, via the third league reserves, he is not resting on his laurels, he still wants to evolve. He was last season with Utrecht, he injured his ankle and needed time to rebuild. He had to work hard to get back to his level. His work was noticed by the coaches and now he is here today.
Poland is the fourth country where he plays. He previously played in France, Belgium and the Netherlands. According to him, the game in France, Belgium and Poland are very similar. The teams focus on the physical aspect. In addition, in Poland, he was very surprised by the intensity of the game.
It’s completely different in the Netherlands. The game is more technical there, the players have more modest physical conditions, and the tactical aspects are more important on the field.Mehdi Lehaire
I live at Lille, the main reason I came here was to play football. Due to the fact that the city is smaller, I can only focus on the game.Mehdi Lehaire
Questions – Answers of his interview on the club’s website
Are you happy with your attitude this season or were you relying on a little more?
- I was sometimes very happy with what I was showing on the pitch. But I would like to improve my stats in terms of goals scored and assists. First of all, I would like to help the team even more with my key moves. I think I can do more at this point.
You finished last season just behind the play-off zone. In the fall you turned out to be the best in La Fortuna 1 Liga. Where do you see the reason for this success?
- We have very good players in the team in all positions, the new players fit perfectly into the team and are our real reinforcement. Our coach has played at a high level for many years and has his own playing philosophy. It’s a perfect combination. It is important that we play the ball all the time. The atmosphere in the team is great, we all get along well and everyone is smiling in the locker rooms. This is also of great importance.
Do you see the differences in the approach of the coaches you worked with at Copper ?
- Both coaches are great coaches and great people. I think the big advantage of coach Łobodziński is that he was a great player himself. He feels the locker room and knows the needs of the players. I think that’s the reason he can reach us.
Even your teammates admit that what you do with the ball in training is amazing
- Football is something that has to be fun, but mostly I try to translate it into playing for the team. I work hard to present my best on the pitch.
During his visit to Montreal in the summer of 2016 with the JMG Academy of Lierse Belgium, Mehdi had stunned several persons during the technical training sessions of the academics.
Who is the best dribbler on the team?
- We cannot state it clearly because we present different styles. We have a lot of quality in this part of the team, as Bruno, Max, Maciek and Szymon Stróżyński show.
What are your plans for a break between turns?
- I’m going to see my family that I haven’t seen since arriving in Poland before the beginning of the season. I will spend time with my parents and siblings, and I will celebrate the New Year with my friends. After a short break, I will start implementing my individual training plan to be ready to resume training with the team.