Amadou Haidara nominated for Kopa Trophy:
Amadou Haidara nominated for Kopa Trophy ( formed Jmg Soccer Academy of Mali), Kylian Mbappe, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Christian Pulisic are among the nominees for the first ever Kopa Trophy – an award for the best player under the age of 21 to be voted for by the previous 33 winners of the Ballon d’Or.
The Ballon d’Or, now separate from Fifa’s own player of the year award, is bestowed annually by France Football magazine. Modric won the 2018 Fifa men’s award last month, while the women’s award went to Brazil forward Marta, another Women’s Ballon d’Or award nominee.
Previous winners of the Ballon d’Or who will decide who wins the Kopa Award include Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho, Michael Owen, Zinedine Zidane and Luis Figo.
BALLON D OR KOPA TROPHY 2018 IN FULL NOMINEES:
- Houssem Aouar (France/Lyon, 20)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (England/Liverpool, 20)
- Patrick Cutrone (Italy/AC Milan, 20)
- Ritsu Doan (Japan, FC Groningen, 20)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy/AC Milan, 19)
- Amadou Haidara (Mali/RB Salzburg, 20) (Jmg Academy Mali)
- Justin Kluivert (Netherlands/AS Roma, 19)
- Kylian Mbappe (France/PSG, 19)
- Christian Pulisic (USA/Dortmund, 20)
- Rodrygo Goes (Brazil/Santos, 17)